Saturday, January 8, 2011

What is Success?

As a kid I was taught that success is defined differently for every individual, but I seemed to have forgotten that lesson in this roller coaster ride called life. Now as an adult I am starting to realize that  the true meaning of success is  defined by  where you are in accomplishing the goals that you have set for yourself.  Like many of us, I have been guilty of comparing my life to the lives of other people-(in my case, relatives or old college friends)-who may fall into the same category as me due to age, or other distinct similarities. It's natural for us to do, but it's an unhealthy exercise that distracts us from the reality in every individual's situation.

For instance,my reality is that it's more than just me in my equation. With a family of five (me,my husband & three daughters) the decisions that I make must work in the best interest of eveyone in my family, not just me. The reality for someone else maybe the complete opposite, they may not have a family to consider when making any decisions. Though the two are drastically different, we sometimes lose sight of the factors that lead to the position of someone else, in comparison to our own.

Final Thought:
 "Having a clear definition of who you are and what you want, is the best way to 
          acquire your success."

No comments:

Post a Comment