Monday, January 10, 2011

I just want to polish my nails!

After getting the divas cleaned up for bed I gave them some water and put on one last DVD to wind them down.  But little miss Miranda insisted on getting up and causing chaos so I just shut everything down.

Mary was already sleeping and Madicyn and Miranda were still hanging on in there. Being that they are the oldest, I figured that they would be okay in the room by themselves for 20 minutes without me having to come in and regulate. But I was wrong!

As I finished polishing my right hand during my at home manicure, I had to run into the room and throw in some discipline-(with only one hand available for use)- to enforce the new sleeping schedule. Then back to my manicure, finishing the left hand, I had to repeat the process once again-( but now with two hands barely dry or complete).

To end it all I seperated everyone by rooms and cut off all of the lights and "tah-dah" like magic it worked. I waited for about 15 minutes just to make sure that nobody was playing possum...they were really sleep. So I continued with my me time, and began touching up my nails.

But that is when Mary decided to wake up and put mommy back at square one. I changed her diaper, gave her a bottle and looked at the ceiling while  thinking.
"I just want to polish my nails!"

As a mom the simplest things can mean the world when you spend so much of your time taking care of everyone else's needs, and so little tending to your own.
Still a Mess:)

No comments:

Post a Comment